Saturday, April 29, 2006

what children teach us

While reading The Fifth Mountain, which- at last -I'm about to finish reading,the following sentence caught my attention:

" A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires."

Perhaps the reason that made me stop at this sentence in specific is that I deal with children on a daily basis. Obviously, I'm starting to get interested and attracted to anything that has to do with these creatures and with their special world.

I liked what Paulo Coelho wrote here, it's so true...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"while we try to teach our children everythign about life, our children teach us what life is really about"

Dar said...

I love children , i always keep staring at them , and get the way they think about things .... the silly stuff for us can be there heaven of happiness...... i just watch and enjoy myself :)
CheeerZ!

Amal Ziad Kaawash أمل زياد كعوش said...

In my world children deal with me!

Yesterday the first graders ran to me saying " You are not to leave home! You are to play with us!"

Orders are orders! :)

Dozz said...

I love their pure expressions...so intense and honest.

Diana said...

the one, thank God ur going to be an engineer and not a teacher :D

the book is not bad, it talks about prophet Elijah. I finished reading it and started with The Valkyries, Paulo Coelho also :D

Diana said...

Ola , I loved the quote, thank you :-)

Dar , I love kids too! They're adorable! not all of them of course. fe 3andy naw3eyat I just wanna kill them.

Amal LOL! how sweet :-)

Dozz true :-)