Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Getting Married

I haven't written much here since ever I left Lebanon in July 2007 and went to Jordan to get ready for my wedding that took place there. So, let me , in brief tell you how was it and what happened during that period.
I wasn't very moved on the day I left. My mind was occupied with so many things which left no space for thinking about leaving the country where I lived for 26 years and feel sad about it. Even during my stay in Jordan, I didn't think of Lebanon, I neither missed nor felt nostalgic about anything. I was surrounded by family and relatives...busy with the wedding preparations. An exhausting period, yet it was fun at times.
It's nice to be the center of attention.. the bride who's pampered by everybody. Countless advices fall on you from everywhere and from anyone you meet randomly and finds out that you're a bride to be. You start to become more nervous and restless with each passing day. You feel that time is passing soooo slowwwwly and you wish that you can, by some magical power, make the days run fast and stop at the big day and put an end to all these anxieties.

The big day arrived, finally. I was advised to calm down and sleep well the night before... and I thought that I won't be able to sleep a wink, but since it was a bit difficult for me to believe that my wedding day has arrived, I actually slept!
I sometimes get confused between reality and dreams that I find a difficulty in distinguishing one from the other :D . Someone pinch me please :D
I really needed someone to pinch me the moment I looked at the mirror in the beauty saloon after having my gown and bridal veil on. I couldn't believe that the one I'm looking at in the mirror is ME. Thank God I didn't rub my eyes and spoil the makeup :p

All was like a beautiful dream. We flew to Istanbul afterwards where I spent a delightful time at the beginning before hubby got back to work and only then I started to feel lonely and nostalgic, until I came back to Lebanon this soon for some reasons that you will know soon.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana,
Congratulations, again!

Hope you're in Lebanon for good reasons and hope you enjoy your stay. I will be visiting Lebanon this summer and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Wish you and Ammar a wonderful 2008!

Qabbani said...

:-)

Amjad Wadi said...

You got me worried about the reason you came back .. but I hope it is the one in my mind :-) welcome back home and online too .. it is always nice to see you around

SimSim said...

nice feelings ...

why don't u come one msn ? i am not appear on line thu :D

Diana said...

thanks Iman! Happy new year!
I hope that you find Lebanon in a better state when you visit, and enjoy your stay here :)

Qabbani: :)

Amjad: don't be worried at all, nothing is wrong. I wonder what do u have in mind :D

SimSim: we have to talk tab3an, let me know when you can come online.

Amjad Wadi said...

thanks god then :-)

what is in my mind sa7 ? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope you enjoy your stay because it seems you needed more time in Lebanon :)

By the way, the last sentence got me all excited. It sounded like a thriller and we are all waiting for the conclusion hehehe.

Again, welcome back.

Jood said...

Nice having you back dear,I missed your writings :shy:

Diana said...

Amjad: it might be true, who knows :D

Hala: Yes I did indeed.
a thriller? lol . stay tuned lakan :D

Jood: thank you dear (F)

Amjad Wadi said...

Diana: I always believe my feeling :-) .. inchallah nisma3 il akhbaar il taybeh

Admin said...

lol never tried it but it seems scary a bit lol
congrats anyway :)

Diana said...

The idea of starting a new life is scary Rani, yes :D
thank you :)