Saturday, December 05, 2009

beeb beeeeeeb

As I mentioned before Kareem was sick for a while and I was extremely worried about his complete loss of appetite. He used to refuse any kind of food even the things that he usually likes and heartily eats. I tried different methods and different kinds of food to encourage him to eat, but in vain. He lost weight of course and the doctor said that everything will be OK soon so there's no need to worry. I couldn't of course but remain worried.
The other day, I was so desperate that I decided to buy him a doughnut, I wanted him to eat, anything, healthy or not, el mohem yakol, ay shi. And I thought that a doughnut would be tempting enough for him to take a bite or two. When I handed it to him, he took it, (OK that's a good sign since he refused even to hold the food back then , there is hope that he may give it a try, and then he will like it and eat it all, and I'll be very happy and this will make my day... and everyone will live happily ever after :p)
All these thoughts ran through my head like a flash while Kareem was examining the doughnut, and we were waiting eagerly for him to start eating, yalla.. bismillah.. but instead of putting it in his mouth he started turning it left and right, like a steering wheel, saying: beeb beeeeeeb

3 comments:

nido said...

hehe
boys will ALWAYS be boys, I guess :p

Dawn said...

You're back!! yeey.
You've been missed.
I'm sorry you have to go through this, the sickness and the loss of appetite, I've been there, tenzeker o ma ten3ad, and I moved firas out of the daycare because of it.
The appetite will come back, but gradually, because with Firas it was an aggressive viral infection, it was hard for me a lot because he became underweight because of it, that's why I whole heartedly understand, I don't know what to suggest, eat with him, don't stress out, fruit yoghurt, melted ice-cream, ummm you might want going back to the basics, fruit and vegetable purees, backed potato, I'm almost certain that you gave all that a try, I hope he gets his appetite sooner than later, I know how hard it is for you.

Thank you for the lovely comments, Happy Eid to all of you, and prayers of good health.

Diana said...

lol Nido, 2oltek :D

Dawn, I missed this place and missed you all too :)
His appetite is back el7amdulillah, and I'm so happy and relieved. It was really a very hard time, thank God it's over.
Thanks 3asoolah, same to you.